The Best nannies for the best kidsLet's do their Training
Read a summary of all our courses below to find the course that best suit you and your family’s needs.
We offer a variety of childcare and other practical courses for nannies and domestic workers, as well as courses for parents, au pairs and carers. Our courses cover infant and child care, first aid/CPR, creative play, cooking and home cleaning. We also work with other service providers that offer courses such as swimming and water safety courses.
We also advise parents on how to manage their staff should they request the assistance. To see more detailed information specific to each course we offer, scroll down for a breakdown on each course.
Register your nanny for a course that will give her confidence and you peace of mind.
Please complete the registration form, indicated your chosen course, venue and preferred date.
Please make payment for your chosen course using our safe and secure payment gateway.
Expect email confirmation from us, which will confirm course date and venue.
We’ll send through reminders and important details regarding what to prepare and bring to training.
Au Pair ChildCare
COMPREHENSIVE NANNY TRAINING COURSE
On this comprehensive nanny training course we will provide your nanny with up to date information and practical advice to help care for your child in a secure setting. We teach from the principles of whole child development so your nanny will learn to have a complete understanding of your child’s entire development – social, language, emotional, physical and intellectual.
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
- The role of a nanny
- The importance in following a mother’s routine
- Child safety – Being aware of the hazards in and out the home
- Understanding the implications and precautions of HIV and TB & Covid-19
- First Aid, CPR and handling childhood emergencies
- Essential infant care – sleeping, bathing, nappy changing, burping, crying
- Nutrition and weaning
- Hygiene and sterilization of bottles
- The importance of play
- Gross and Fine Motor Stimulation
- Milestones and Development
- The nanny training comprises of four modules which we cover over two full days.
At the end of the course, your nanny will receive a manual, certificate including the First Aid and CPR certification which the nanny and domestic placement agencies.
ROUTINE, SAFETY & CHILDPROOF MEASURES
FIRST AID FOR BABIES & CHILDREN
(endorsed by the American Heart Association and Resuscitation Council of SA)
- The importance of their role as a nanny
- Communication with the parents
- Understanding and following a routine
- How to manage childcare and housework
- Safety awareness – identifying hazards and creating a childproof home
- Understanding and preventing infectious diseases like HIV & TB
- We also teach the nannies how to effectively manage their time between childcare and domestic work. They learn how to manage and prioritize their responsibilities. We teach the nannies how they can childproof the home and to be aware of safety measures in and around the house
- We end the session discussing HIV and TB and the impact it can have on children in the private home and their own communities.
- Identifying Emergency Numbers and an emergency plan
- CPR for babies and young children
- Choking on babies and young children
- Essential First Aid for all home emergencies
- In an intensive three hours session, our First Aid trainer covers all the pediatric essentials of First Aid, including CPR and Mouth to Mouth. The nannies are required to practice repeatedly on baby dolls in order to perfect the CPR technique. They are also taught how to deal with all home emergencies like choking, burns, stings, poisoning, drowning etc and what numbers to dial for emergency help.
ESSENTIAL INFANT & CHILD CARE – HEALTH, HYGIENE & NUTRITION
- Understanding what is a healthy, balanced diet
- Menu ideas for young children
- Weaning and introducing solids
- Tips and general information for difficult feeders, allergies, etc
- Basic baby care regarding crying, bathing, feeding, etc
- Personal and baby hygiene
- In this module, we deal with the importance of healthly eating, hygiene and a balanced diet. Nannies are taught the different methods of sterilization, how to wean a young baby onto solid food and what foods to be careful of and why. Nannies are also taught how to deal with fussy eaters and how to plan a child’s menu which is both nutritious and child appropriate. We also cover the basics of infant care like burbing, bottle feeding, sleeping issues, nappy changing and bathing.
- The importance of play
- Understanding developmental milestones
- How children learn through play by using their senses and muscles
- Fun games and ideas inside and outside
- Music and reading
- Fun in the kitchen
- In our last module we discuss the importance of play and why young children need to be stimulated. We review the developmental milestones from an infant to a three year old. We then give the nannies a list of age appropriate games and activities. We cover the importance of learning through reading and music and also how to have fun in the kitchen. During the session they are encouraged to play – get involved – and discuss the “why reasoning” behind each game and activity. The nannies are learning how to apply gross and fine motor stimulation into thier play activities with the child.
HOUSEKEEPING COURSE FOR DOMESTIC WORKERS
A practical course for domestic workers, housekeepers and nannies.
Feeling frustrated? Your house is not getting cleaned the way you would like it to. You feel like you are repeating yourself over and over again. Royal helpers is here to help. We are offering an affordable cleaning course for your domestic worker. The course will transform your home into a smooth running household and we will help your domestic worker, housekeeper or char understand how you would like your home to be cleaned and tidied up.
We train your domestic worker in your house. This is a practical course where hand on training is provided so you can immediately see the difference.
Routines are important in every household and we will show your domestic worker, char, housekeeper or maid, when and how to organise, sort out and tidy up as well as create routines designed to suit your style.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The nannies have homework and are encouraged to practice what they learn. The nanny training modules are geared towards babies and children from birth to five years of age.
The training material used for the CPR/choking component of the course is in accordance with the requirements of The American Heart Association and with the Resuscitation Council of South Africa.
Our manual is regularly updated with the guidance of the midwives, pre-primary school teachers, the input of mothers and more than 3 years domestic worker training experience. We want to make sure that everything we teach is practical and current, while keeping it fresh and simple so your domestic worker or nanny understands the content, despite any language barrier.